Wednesday, December 26, 2012

New Year Quilt Along


Along with the New Year, I have set some new goals for quilting and blogging.  The most exciting goal is that I want to offer some quilting adventures to my followers this year. 

So, for January and February I am offering a 4 Block a Week Quilt Along from a pattern I have  designed!  Actually, it will be 4 blocks a week for the first 5 weeks and more blocks/border work per week for the 3 weeks following.  It will be a total of 8 weeks!  So, by the end of February, you should have a quilt top that measures about 96 X 96.  The overall design will be kept a secret until we put the quilt all together! Hint: it will be a traditional quilt with a variety of blocks and simple sashing.

If you wish to have a smaller quilt, I will be telling you how you can make fewer versions of each block so that you will end up with a quilt top that measures 80 X 80. 

This first adventure is a SCRAP HAPPY project!  I will be going through my stash and pulling out fabrics that look like reproductions.  I LOVE 1800's fabrics so that will be the look I am going for.  You can use any theme you like!  However, all of the fabrics need to be small prints. 

As encouragement for your participation, I am offering little giveaways along the way.
The first giveaway will be a secret reveal of the overall quilt!   You will have 2 chances to win this reveal.

For a Secret Reveal of the overall quilt you need to
1.  Be/become a follower of my blog and leave me a comment here to say so.
2.  Pass on the message about the Quilt along through your blog or Facebook and leave me a comment here to say so. 

Yardage guidelines will be posted on Friday Dec. 28th and the first 2 blocks- of which we will make 2 of each for a total of 4 blocks- will be posted January 1st!

Hope you will join me!

5 comments:

  1. I am in, sounds like a great idea. I am a follower and I put your button on my sidebar of my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to do it if I can keep up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following and Blogging for you! But no idea if I'm participating..so many choices for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so fun, I hope I can keep up. I'm a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The winner is Janet Robinson!
    Thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive