Saturday, November 2, 2013

Knitting etc.

Here is my current knitting project.  It is a simple 2 row pattern.
row 1- knit 3, purl 3- repeat to end
row 2-knit 1 purl 1- repeat to end.
Then repeat the sequence for the length of the scarf.  I am considering making myself a "wrap" with the same pattern, should be okay as long as I cast on a number of stitches that are divisible by 2 as well as 3.

I am really liking those bamboo needles a great deal more than the metal ones I have been using for another scarf.  I may have to switch when I get back to the other one.  This pattern seems a bit more forgiving than the other one is too.
So, I have about 6 inches done, just 48 more to go...Maybe it will be done by spring.

This is the second ruffle scarf I have made now.  I made this in just over an hour.  It is for my daughter who LOVES the Packers.  These are so incredibly easy and I have gotten so many comments on the one I made for myself!

I have been neglecting my quilting a little bit.  Tomorrow I must get a quilt loaded on the machine!
I am afraid I have developed a serious addiction to yarn, hooks, and needles. 

If you look closely, you can see my NM LOBO house slippers peeking out at the bottom of the picture.  Today the basketball team played their first exhibition game.  Looks like it is going to be another great season!

Happy November!  I love November, and not just because it is my birth month!


1 comment:

  1. Awesome your daughter loves the Packers! A friend of mine made me one just like that too. I was just thinking I should get some yarn and make one for my daughter and other Packer fans! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive