Saturday, October 26, 2013

October Update

It feels like forever since I have really posted about some actual projects.  Its not that I am being lazy, quite the opposite, I am SOOOO busy! 
Here is this month's project for Embroidery Club at Bob's Sewing
Next month we will be doing a Christmas stocking (which I have finished and hung in the store and forgot to take a picture of...)

I have a quilt on the long arm for practicing my free motion.  I am about 2/3rds of the way done with it and then back to some customer quilts. 
I have a bunch of quilts to bind which I am planning on spending some time on tomorrow.  Slow stitch Sunday, you know.
I have been setting some time each day to teach myself to knit and crochet.  The knitting is coming very slowly but I am doing it. 
Here is my crochet...
It is an afghan that I am making for myself.  My big 4-0 is coming up in about 3 weeks and I am aiming to have this done for a birthday present to myself.  It is simply a double crochet in every stitch, all the way across.  I chained 215 and went to town on it.  For some reason (knock on wood) it is coming together better than any crochet project I have ever started so perhaps their really is hope for a true finish.  It is a great deal wider than I thought it looked just as a chain...

I did manage to finish one ruffle scarf a few days ago and have a bunch of packages of yarn to make many more, thinking they might be good Christmas gifts...

Today I managed to go to work for a few hours, embroider another stocking which will have to be sewn together now, did some actual PIECING of four patches, cooked a real dinner- like with a recipe and everything, baked some pumpkin muffins, and watched World War Z with my men.  Feels great to actually be at home, accomplishing some things on the weekend.  looking forward to another productive day tomorrow!
Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive