Sunday, August 19, 2012

Preparing for a Hawaii Sunset

No, I am not really going to Hawaii any time soon...
But, I went through my stash just a few minutes ago to pull fabrics to start the Hawaii Sunset quilt from Quilter's Newsletter Magazine,  Amy and Andee and I are starting to work on them together, and I found a lot more than I thought I would.
I ordered a pink or two and some greens today from Connecting Threads so I actually think I am probably ok for fabrics.  I think I will take out that red one with the white flowers though-too loud for me!
Here is the magazine cover with the actual quilt on it.  Looks like I will need more dark blue/navy, more pink, and some darker/brighter greens.  My reds may need to be orangier too.

It will be nice to use a large part of my stash that I have been collecting for so long.  I am sure this will barely even put a dent in it though. 




I also have to brag about my most wonderful handy husband...
He made this for me today with just a very little bit of help from me and my son.
It measures 24 inches X 60 inches and sits snugly on top of my ironing board.  It has 2 layers of cotton batting and is covered with canvas straight from JoAnn's.  I got the ideas from ladies in my Long Arm Quilter's of New Mexico group. 
I am such a spoiled quilter!

5 comments:

  1. Great looking ironing board!!!
    And ALL THOSE FABRICS!!!! I just posted on Andee's blog that I'm GLAD she had some bright blues; I'm nearly cleaned out of blues after all my blue quilts lately. Let's all just ENJOY the piecing... if end of September doesn't work, it doesn't work. I spent nearly 8 hours today and finished up (only!) 252 flying geese units. They will be the time-consuming task!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your wide ironing board...I am spoiled and have one similar to that too! Fabrics are looking good, I need to get more double pinks. Amy sewed tons today..I finished up the nine patches and only did 60 geese. And I was sewing most of the day...will keep at it and these units will turn into blocks before we know it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I found you through Amy and Andee. I love my big board... but I must admit I bought it at a show. All of the space really helps, especially when pressing borders. Good luck with Hawaii sunset...I was video chatting with Amy last night while she was working on the Flying Geese..... soooooooooooooooo many!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I haven't even thought of starting yet. I have a quilt on Lizzie that is taking a lot of time (mostly because I keep ripping it out and redoing...)I promise I will start soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful quilt. It is going to be amazing. So fun that so many of you are working on it right now. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive