Thursday, October 31, 2013

Coin Purses

I have been working on these coin purses for a quick and easy Holiday gift class.  I think they came out really cute! 
I drew a 5 1/2 inch square and then used something round that was the right size to curve the bottom corners.  Then I went to town on what that shape could become. 
In the class, we will start with just the basic coin purse (bottom) and then give ideas on how to personalize them.  For the owl, I used a spool of thread and a bobbin to trace around for the eye patterns and then cut the wings and the beak free hand.  For the teacup I just cut out a strip and added a different fabric in.  Then made a handle about 4-5 inches long. 
They all use a 4 inch zipper. 
Wouldn't these be cute stocking stuffers?  How about to put a gift card in?  I hope I get one in my stocking!!!

1 comment:

Followers

Blog Archive