Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Miniature quilt along for 4th of July

Okay all, lets get started on a patriotic miniature.  We can have this pieced in no time!

I put this together using EQ7.  It took me about 5 minutes!
The hardest part of this quilt will be locating your ruler with the 1/8th inch divisions on it.  Yeah, you know the one that you avoid using at all costs!
It will be worth it, I promise!
Note: I have not tried a block yet to double check measurements.  I will be doing that later today!

I am going to make mine a scrappy version so I will be using a variety of blue, red and cream.

You will need:
Creams-half yard total.
Blues-quarter yard total or 1 fat quarter
Red-quarter yard total or 1 fat quarter (will also be using this for binding so will need more later)


Cutting for each churn dash block (so you will do this 12 times)
Cream-four patches 2 1/8th inches square, cut these on the diagonal
four patches 1 7/8inches by 1  1/8 inches
1 patch 1 7/8 inches square

Color (blue & red) for each block (do this 12 times)
four patches 2 1/8th inches square, cut these on the diagonal
four patches 1 7/8inches by 1  1/8 inches

Borders
Red inner border 2 strips 1 1/4 by 18
and 2 strips 1 1/4 by 12 1/2
I like to cut mine at 1 1/4 and then trim them after I have them sewn on. 
Outer Border
Cream- 8 patches measuring 3 3/8 by 2 1/2
8 patches measuring 2 1/2 by 2 3/8
Blue- 16 patches measuring 2 1/2 inches square.  

Okay, off I go to see how much of this I can get done before I have to start other things 40 minutes from now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive