Friday, January 22, 2010

Early to rise


I woke up at 4 am this morning.  Not planned, just did...I came down to browse through some of the blogs I am following and, of course, I found new ones.  I feel very unworthy after looking at some of the fine quilts my fellow quilters have created.  But, mostly I am just INSPIRED and wish I could spend the day quilting!!!!  However, the weather has not cooperated and created a snow day-JUST RAIN.  So, off to the shower etc and then on to quizzing my 6th graders about the history of world religions.  Some OLD pics to tide us over until some real quilting begins- tomorrow I hope!!!!

Here is one that I helped my daughter with last January.  She really did a lot of the work, including the machine satin stitching on the appliques.  It is based on her favorite books -Warriors series.



My son (9 years ago) on the "London Roads" Quilt I made for him.
Gotta run up and turn off my alarm before it wakes my man.

Happy stitching!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging. It's always good to see a new blogger posting a lot of pictures.

    thanks for the comment on my blog. You are a noreply-comment@blogger because you have not enabled your email. Go to Edit Profile, put a check mark in front of Show my email and then scroll down and SAVE. Then we can answer your questions by email. As for your question, yes it is a pattern in a book and if you go back a few days on my blog you will see it.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive