Monday, August 23, 2010

Goal for 2010 Accomplished!!!!!

I have 3 more finishes, which puts me at #13 for 2010!  My goal was 1 per month and I have passed that already and it is just August!
  Unfortunately the reason I have made progress today is because my son is home sick.  But, while he is napping and recuperating, I have hit the sewing room. 
Here they are...
This quilt is one of two that will go to my kid's piano teacher to send to her granddaughters.  It was quilted on my Lizzie-of course, and machine bound using a feather stitch.  You can see the pretty little flowered backing here too.



This is the other quilt to go to the piano teacher's grand daughters.  It is the same as I had done before for a friend's baby.  I had made two that time just because I had enough fabric, so this top has been in the UFO pile for a few months. 
It is quilted with tulips and bound the same way as the quilt above.

And...the quilt that throws me over my goal....This is made from a charm pack that I picked up probably 2 years ago.  I only had to add a few pieces from my stash to finish it off.  It has been a finished top for a while now.  I love my Lizzie-now things are going to actually get finished!  I tried to stick with civil war era looking fabrics. 
Here you can see the backing and the binding-again feather stitch-  You can see the meandering a little too. 
I think this quilt will have a permanent home on the sofa in our living room.  The poodles will lay on it when they are cuddling me...OR maybe I love it so much that it will need to hang on the wall????

Well, I don't know about my son but I feel tons better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive