Tuesday, December 28, 2010

New project

 I have decided to make the McCalls Quilting Magazine BOM project "America the Beautiful".  It starts with the Jan/Feb 2011 issue and is in 6 parts. 

Here is my barn block.  It still needs a star appliqued in the left corner. 


Here is the start of my sun block.  It still needs a sawtooth border.  I made it in much brighter colors than in the magazine because I wanted it to really look like the sun.  I am really happy with it.  If you look closely you can see the lines (like sun rays) on the lighter gold fabric.  My cream colored back ground has red swirls in it. 

I think my quilt will be a bit scrappier than the one in the magazine and probably lots brighter colors. 
I would love to see your blocks if you are working on this project too!
There is still the fields block left after I finish the sun.  After that, I have to wait for the March/April issue.  I think I have plenty to keep me busy though...
My UFO list, four baby boys expected by friends and family between now and May...I think I will have plenty to do. 

1 comment:

  1. I recognized the "barn" block on Amy's sidebar. I had decided on Tuesday to take on the challenge of McCalls "America The Beautiful" blocks. I am going to try to use the country colors. It will be fun to watch how the blocks look with using different fabric color schemes. Enjoy your days of vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive