Monday, April 4, 2011

Japan

We all sat down as a family after dinner tonight to watch the Nova episode about the Earthquake and tsunami that occurred in Japan on March 11th.  It was heart breaking and I felt ill throughout the whole thing but I feel it is something that everyone needs to see.  If anything, it has made me more determined to get some donation quilts finished in time to send them off before April 30th:
Send new quilts of any size from baby to adult to:
Dana Jones
Quilters Newsletter
741 Corporate Circle, Suite A
Golden, CO 80401


• Mark your box: “Quilts for Japan.”
• Send quilts as soon as possible and no later than April 30, 2011.
• Enclose your name, address, phone number, and email address with the quilts.


That means I need to be quilting every night this week and the next and the next...

Also, my school is having a fund raising day tomorrow-kids can wear a shirt that is out of dress code and teachers can wear jeans as long as they make a donation to help Japan (through the Red Cross).

My heart goes out to everyone in Japan.  I can't imagine having to face such a disaster and its aftermath.  It will take the whole world working together to clean up and rebuild.  Prayers to everyone who is missing loved ones or suffering injury and loss of home. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Yup Andra! This was my epiphany moment a few weeks ago and I have two quilts ready to be mailed off; MAYBE a third! So much sadness and devastation that I TRULY can't imagine.
    Good luck on your finishes.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive