Friday, August 3, 2012

Grape Ape quilted

Here is my True Colors quilt (aka Grape Ape).  I finished the quilting after about 5 hours today with only a break for a quick lunch. 
We are battling the wind of a summer storm in the pictures but I hope you can see some of the quilting...



Remember, I was practicing so each square is different from the next.  I like the way the back looks but not so fond of the front, really, when you get up close. 




























If you look closely in the block that looks like water, I accidentally got an Olympic swimmer in there near the top...Couldn't do that again if I tried!


Now I have to choose a binding.  My husband thinks this multicolored one, if he has to pick from these 2 fabrics.  Not sure what else he has in mind but he rarely likes my choices. 

Here is choice number 2.  I like choice one I think...
I do have scraps from the blocks but it would be a great deal of work to get them all cut the correct size and sewn together for binding. 

I might have enough of a solid or tone on tone yellow...

Haven't decided if I will take this to show at my Longarm Quilting Group tomorrow or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive