Friday, November 23, 2012

No Self Control

No, I am not talking about overeating yesterday, though I did do that too...
I am talking about Bonnie's Mystery.  I had been sorta' resisting the temptation until the clue was posted this morning.  Now, there is no hope of resistance.  However, I am making myself resist the temptation of buying new fabric.  I required myself to shop from my stash which has been VERY DIFFICULT since I have no fabrics similar to what she has shown in the required amounts-all those colors have been dedicated to a simpler quilt that I am creating for a Christmas Gift.

So, my color scheme and theme of the fabrics are NOTHING like what Bonnie has chosen.  Here goes...
This black fabric will be my constant, instead of the grey.

These are my greens.

These corals will be in place of the aquas.  I know, just use your imagination. 

These neutrals are in place of the black on white fabrics.  There will be a hug contrast between these and my constant fabric.  I may have to wait to see if that will work in the step that Bonnie has posted.  Maybe I will email her...I am sure she will be just thrilled by another stupid question.






These two large print fabrics are meant to be in place of my purple. 
However, now that I think about it, they may work better in place of the constant grey and make the black fabric in place of my purple.  I will have to think on it.  Maybe my genius co-designer (husband) will help me out.  More likely, he will tell me to scrap the whole plan and go buy fabrics to match Bonnie's.  Hmmm, I think I will go talk to him.

Let me know what you think.  I was hoping to get started but now I am not so sure...


1 comment:

  1. I would use the black in place of purple, use the neutrals as your constant, the two big prints as the backgrounds if you have enough (4yards)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive