Thursday, January 31, 2013

Quilting...No, Running...No, Quilting

So, I have been quilting on this quilt for 2 days now.  The lovely little sea turtles and coral design that I chose is down right time consuming though they have come out beautifully!  So, I am quilting along, just about 2 more rows left, when I get this sudden and powerful erg  to RUN.  What?  Where did that come from?  Yes, I have been training for a 5K but am no where near being ready for it and the last time I ran, I thought my son was going to have to DRAG me!  So, why am I getting the erg to run while working on a quilt that must be completed ASAP?  Well, that's just it.  I have been quilting on it for 2 days and the draw to do something different is probably where the desire to run came from since there was no way I was going to allow my subconscious to lure me away to another quilting project. 
But, I fought the erg, all the while hoping it would not leave me, and it hasn't.
I have finished the quilting.  Now I shall eat lunch and then attend to the need to go running.  I will allow myself that small break before I get back to the machine to get the binding on this baby!  I have told the customer that she can pick up this quilt on Sunday.  That means some hard core binding sessions ahead of me in the next two days!  Fingers prepare!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive