Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Jane Sassaman Workshop

This past weekend I went to a workshop with Jane Sassaman, a very talented applique quilt artist.  This is as far as I got with my design.  I don't really like it.  I even played with it after I got home, changing the background etc.  I don't think it will ever become a finished piece and it certainly looks nothing like Jane's lovely and bright pieces. 
However, the technique of using fusible interfacing in place of the traditional freezer paper for an applique template may come in handy in the Challenge I have signed up for at my quilt guild.  More about that later. 
Today is not a sewing day, it is an errand/grocery store day.  All that will be started AFTER I go running which I haven't done in at least 5 days and am finding it increasingly harder with each day to force myself to go, so, today is the day to end this laziness!
I am so far behind on all my quilting projects! And my house cleaning!  And my yard work! Who knew that working from home would be so time consuming!
When my husband found out that we will be hosting April family Birthdays here in mid April he responded in horror "Have you seen this yard!?  Have you seen this HOUSE!?"  So, yes, I do have my work cut out for me in the next couple of weeks to get this place into shape but maybe a deadline is just the kick in the pants that it will require to drag me from my sewing & quilting machines and get this place in shape...

1 comment:

  1. Just got my check for $500.

    Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much you can earn filling out paid surveys at home...

    So I show them a video of myself actually getting paid $500 for doing paid surveys to set the record straight once and for all.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive