Sunday, May 5, 2013

Free pieced blocks

Here is a quilt I made for my son's best friend for his 13th birthday.  They both LOVE basketball and have played together on a team for many years.  The blocks are just cut without measuring or a template and a strip sewn in, then cut again, strip sewn in, cut again strip sewn in.  Went together in about 3 1/2 hours from un-ironed fabric to quilt top. 
Here is an up close of some of the quilting.  Do you see the basket ball player?
This is one of those deadlines that was keeping me very busy this week .  I am very happy that I got it done in time!



We also had a large family birthday party today.  Can you guess the theme?  My 15 year old is obsessed...
These are salt and pepper shakers I found.  They will probably just sit on a shelf in her room for a long while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive