Sunday, January 26, 2014

Valentine wall hanging

I am working on a little Valentine side project, though I have tons of stuff I should be doing instead!
It will incorporate these three hearts and 3 embroidered squares, which are still in the works.
These are quick little blocks to put together.  

For each block:
Cut two pink 3 & 1/2 inch squares, two cream 3 & 1/2 inch squares,
one pink 3 & 1/2 by 6 & 1/2 inch pink rectangle and four 1 & 1/2 inch cream squares.
draw a diagonal line on the back of all the cream squares.  This will be your stitching line.
Using the larger cream squares and the pink rectangle, make a flying geese unit for the bottom of the heart. 
I use the stitch and flip method, discarding the corners or adding them to my scrap basket.
Each block needs 2 of the above units that are made out of the pink squares and the smaller cream squares. 
Sew the three units together.
And you get a heart that measures 6 1/2 inches square.
I will combine these with three 6 1/2 inch embroidered squares to make my little wall hanging. 
 Pictures of the wall hanging coming very soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive