Sunday, January 10, 2010

#1 Quilt of 2010


Here it is, my first completed quilt of 2010. The story of this quilt is a long one...It has been in the drawer for at least 6 years since it was quilted, before that, it had been put together for a long time.  These blocks were created by a quilting group I belonged to called " Mom & Kids Quilt Group"  I made the center block, the rhinos and the monkeys for about 8 people and traded them for all the other animals made by the Moms.  This quilt was started when my 11 year old was a baby.  Well, I have finally got it bound and labeled and I think I will hang it in my stairway.  This quilt is one of the few I have done from paper piecing and it was probably the one that helped me decide that I just am not that crazy about paper piecing.  

The pattern for this quilt is in " A Quilter's Ark" by Margaret Rolfe.  There are a lot of other great animal blocks in this book!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive