Saturday, January 2, 2010

The last 2 days...

Here are the quilts that have taken up the last 2 days.  This one is my daughter's quilt.  She chose the fabrics, pieced it, and bound it with very little help from me.  I machine quilted it for her.  It is based on her favorite book series "Warriors" by Erin Hunter.  It is the first project she did mostly on her own.


She did a fabulous job and I am really proud of her.  I hope she wants to continue quilting! 

This doesn't help me reach MY goal any, though!


Ohhh, This was FUN!!!
This is the red and black quilt requested by my son.  It was so much fun to do!  Note to followers: It is hard to find red fabrics with no flowers on them!

This picture does not really do this quilt justice.  It looks fabulous and it almost glows!  After I quilt it, I will take a picture in better lighting so that you can see.
I am planning on piecing all of my scraps from this quilt for the backing so it will still be awhile before I have it finished. 

I almost have my first quilt finished that will count toward my goal.  No, not this one... It is a Noah's Ark quilt that has been in the drawer for YEARS and just needed binding!  I have to trim threads and remove safety pins before I can post it but it will be soon!

And only one more day of vacation...don't know how I will make it without quilting ALL DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive