Sunday, April 24, 2011

finally another finish

I think this is only my second finish this year...
 and barely in time.  This is for a baby shower on Tuesday!  Since I got it finished, I might actually get to go to my quilt group's meeting tomorrow night. 









And here is a close up of the meandering quilting I did.  I only quilted on the blue & space ship fabric. 


We had a lovely, lazy Easter.
My son was more interested in playing soccer & kick ball than in hunting eggs. 









We also celebrated my daughter's 13th birthday.  There will be at least 2 more celebrations before the week is over. 

 If you look closely, you can see the 13 and it was made with 13 candles. 
When they were little, I made their birthday cakes myself and decorated them all fancy.  There was a Winnie the Pooh one year, a castle, and even a surf board with a surfing Ken doll for my husband one year.  Not anymore.  There is just no time for that kind of stuff anymore.  Store bought Rasper torte and apple pie is what they get now-a-days. 
Here she is.  She is not officially a teenager until almost the end of the week but there is no denying it now. 


I hope you all had a lovely day.  Enjoy your last week of April!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive