Saturday, January 14, 2012

Quilt Along with me???

I didn't really want to start any new projects yet, wanted to focus on those UFOs but my son's history teacher, who is also my co-worker, is having a baby girl in March and with how slow I am working lately, that deadline is getting close...So, I decided I better get it started.

My son helped me design this on EQ7
He also chose the pink focus fabric which you will see below.
The quilt is about 45 X 55.  If you would like to join me, I would love to see what you make.


Here is the fabric you will need:
Pink- 1 an 1/4 yards 
Yellow- 7/8 yard (I used 2 different ones that are very similar)
Dark Blue corner squares-3/8 yard
Purple corner squares-1/8 yard
Light Blue back ground-1 yard

Cutting Directions for the 12 Nine patch blocks:
48 Dark blue squares- 2 1/2 inches square
48 yellow bricks- 4 1/2 X 2 1/2
12 center squares- 4 1/2 inces square

These go together really quickly! Sew 2 yellow bricks to opposite sides of the pink squares, two blue squares to the ends of half of the yellow bricks and them sew them together as pictured below.  I always, always pin to match up seams!
These blocks have different yellows.  One is a solid and one has a faint pattern which you can not see here.  They will blend perfectly in the quilt.

Here are the 12 blocks on my design wall.  The pink fabric was chosen by my son weeks ago.  The yellow and blue, I had in my stash.  I also have a scrap of purple for the outside corners.  However, I will have to go shopping tomorrow for a background which might be light blue or might be whatever else I find.

Step 2 will be tomorrow or Monday, depending on how easy it is to find a background that I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive