Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Song of Ice and Fire and a little something for me to look forward to...

I have started the 3rd book in the series.  It is supposed to be even better than the first 2. 
This is waiting for me upstairs but I wanted to give a quick report.  Even though I am about to dive back into this 900+ page book ( I only read like 5 pages earlier), I did get a few things done today. 

We did major grocery shopping today which we haven't really done in about 6 weeks since we started getting fresh fruits, vegetables, and milk delivered to our door once a week.  Kinda cool that we don't seem to be eating as much junk/snacks anymore. 

Then I managed to get my cousin's king size quilt loaded onto the quilting machine today.  I am running behind on this job for sure but I should be able to get it mostly quilted tomorrow, finishing up during the week.  Hopfully I will get it sent to her maybe by the end of the work week. 

I did not succeed in getting a dress cut out that my mom and I will be making for my daughter.  After multiple trips to shop for dresses for her, I have given up and bought some fabric.  So, that still needs to get done tomorrow.  Wish me luck!

We also had some nice family time.  Very much needed after our busy week. 
I am really trying to hang in there until Spring Break and then the end of the school year.  I will share a little secret with you...I will be taking a leave of absence next year.  It was a hard decision to make but very necessary for my sanity and for taking care of my family.  Not really sure what the future will hold, other than some very strict budgeting, but I am excited that I will have a little more time to dedicate to my health, my home, my family, and, not least of all, my quilting. 
However, I have found that knowing that I will have a year off has made it even harder to go to work each day, rather than easier. 

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive