Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Quilt As You Go Table Runner

One of the items I have been working on this week is a table runner for a demo I am giving at  one of my guilds in September. 
I went with a Halloween theme just because I came across that orphan embroidery square when I was searching in my stash for fabrics.  I am still working on the binding but thought I would give you a peek. 
If you are interested in making one, here are the supplies that you need...
  •  A completed 12 inch square for the middle (12 ½ inch unfinished) any pattern or print that you wish
  •  3 different fabrics that coordinate with the above square, yardage or scraps that will yield twelve 2 ½ by 12 ½ inch strips per fabric for a total of at least 36 strips. That is about four 2 ½ inch by width of fabric strips of each fabric, and eventually you will need an additional 130 inches of binding.
  •  14 or more 2 ½ inch squares
  •  Backing and batting both cut to 19 X 54 inches, or the length you desire. (If your backing and batting are longer, you will need more fabric!)
  •  Sewing machine with a walking/even feed foot
  • Thread that coordinates with your backing fabric Necessary cutting and sewing supplies
 I will post a tutorial sometime next week probably, once I have my sewing space back after this tile install.  I will probably be making a Christmas themed one then, or maybe just fall themed.
These make excellent Christmas gifts and they go together quickly. 

No more finishes quite yet but this one will probably be done by the end of the day.  Yesterday was spent getting bindings ready for 3 quilts (one that isn't even quilted yet) and stitching together some long abandoned pineapple blocks. Thinking it needs a scrappy border...




 And, I couldn't resist showing off  the lovely drinks we enjoyed with our anniversary dinner last night.  A Blue Hawaiian and a Sazerac.  Can you guess which is mine and which is my husband's?  Both were excellent!  This was the first time we had been to Jinja and we all thoroughly enjoyed it- our son went along and we had a great time!  We had to promise him it wouldn't be a "smoochie-smoochie" dinner, his words, not mine. 

This week is loaded with celebrations for us. Tomorrow is my husband's birthday and on Sunday, my baby will officially be a teenager.  And, hopefully, we will have our house back together by then for the family party we will be hosting.

Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive