Saturday, August 24, 2013

August finishes

This is my first completed art quilt.  I call it Moonflowers.  It was completed as a challenge from my quilt guild and it will hang in the state fair with all the other challenge quilts.  The fabric we were given was the one I used for the flowers and the moon, the pinwheel one.  I may still go back and add some metallic fringe to the flowers, not sure yet.  (cutomer quilt in the background that just needs one more row of quilting). 

I also finished this donation quilt for my other guild.  The pinwheel blocks were in their stash, along with the sashing fabrics.  I just had to put it together, quilt it, and bind it.  I did it in about half a day. 


I have recently started working for a local shop as a machine demonstrator.  So, at a recent quilt shop hop I spent two days demonstrating the newest Tin Lizzie machine, the Ansley.  I mostly demonstrate the Quilt Magician computer because that is what people are most interested in seeing. 
Here is some of what I did...

I was thinking it would be a really cute little boy quilt to do just rows of those trucks, hats, sports stuff, etc.  I may have to do a few to display in the shop.  I think I will bind some of these or make pillows out of them so that they can be kept in the shop also.  Maybe some of it will get finished for a Linus quilt. 
Hope everyone is having a great end of summer.  I think we will be spending the afternoon at the pool today, trying to enjoy some of our summer sun.  Fall will be here before we know it, even though we don't really stop wearing shorts around here until mid October. 
Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Andra--I just love your "Moon Flowers"--it is lovely...colors are gorgeous--good luck on your entry...hugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks,julie! ireally enjoyed making it so i will have to do more

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a fun job...love the quilting!Moonflowers is so adorable...love it too.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive