Sunday, January 31, 2010

Last day of January

 
Tic Tac Toe Quilt Top-  the idea for this pattern is from both the Block Lotto blog and  one of the quilt magazines.  It was a lot of fun to make.  I don't think my husband likes the combination of pastels with brights but I am very happy with the way it turned out!  Every fabric here is from my STASH some of it has been on my shelf for a decade. 
I will try to get this quilted soon because I have a friend having a baby girl at the end of February.  Once it is quilted, I will post some more up close pictures so you can see the cute little fabrics.  I am going to try to pick up a cute backing today.

 
I am scheduled to meet a friend this afternoon so that we can begin a quilt together.  All I know is it is a birdhouse quilt from one of the Thimbleberries books.  My guess is it is the "Safe Haven" pattern.  These are the fabrics I am planning to use but I may change my mind after I see the pattern in more detail.  I got most of these fabrics from the sale that Hancock's just had this weekend.  I rarely shop there because nothing is ever decently on sale or exactly what I want.  Most of these are the Absolutely Cotton brand and they seem very thin so I will have to see if they are okay to work with or not. 
It will be great to see my friend!  We haven't seen each other in a long time. 
Hope everyone is saying goodbye to a very productive January and hello to even more creative sewing in February!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive