Saturday, January 1, 2011

First Finish of 2011

 Here is my first finish of the year 2011!  It was not a UFO- I started it just Thursday night and finished up the binding about an hour ago.

This will go to my new niece who was born just a few days before Christmas.

I could seriously become Linus with this quilt.  I used two layers of an 80% cotton batting and it is so cushy!  I love this pantograph too-I got it for Christmas-can't remember the name right now "-----Vine" but really it looks like hearts and ribbons.
 Up close of the quilting...


The only piece that was not in my stash is the pink border-I had to pick it up because I did not have quite enough of the pink I used in the squares. 
 I have had this yellow fabric for years-and the white that matches it which I used to piece the back-see below.
It is hard to see here, but I used a wonderful scallop & loop stitch to sew the binding down and it looks really cute around the edge on the back.  I even put a tiny little label on this one which I am really bad about-usually don't bother unless it is for a VERY special occasion and my husband tells me I HAVE to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive