Saturday, January 1, 2011

Gotta stop sewing and get some work done...

I have a lot of friends and family expecting baby boys in the next few months and I had a niece born just before Christmas, so I am sewing BABY around here. 
I have my niece's quilt on the Lizzie so hopefully you will be seeing it soon.

I really wanted to make a sleep sack and could not find a pattern online anywhere.  I didn't want to head to the store, so I took out a baby doll pattern I had for a long nightgown and used it as a basic pattern.  I made a few adjustments and look what I have...
I think it is a little short though-it won't last long-and very wide for a newborn but, I think it is cute and it will work for a week or two of cuddly newborn slumber. It just needs buttons...

Here is Sophie ready to get started at the family sew in I had on Thursday.  My cousins were here from out of town.  One of them will be the Grammy for two of the 3 expected boys I am sewing for. With 3 of us, 2 sewing machines, some support members and of course Sophie, we got two tops made, one sandwiched and some quilting done-not bad for how laid back we were.  I also got another top put together that day and cut out one that was put together the next day-it is the one on the quilting machine right now. 
I will be making touch blankets for the boys and at least one more quilt for these eagerly awaited precious bundles. 
Now, I really must stop playing and go get some work done-like taking down the Christmas tree...

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute little sleep sack. It looks warm and snuggly

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive