Sunday, May 6, 2012

Finally, a day worth talking about...

We spent this lovely May day at the Run for the Zoo.  My son ran his first 5K!  He did great!

Here he is right before the race.  He was raring to go...


And here he is right after the race.  I think he may have been surprised at how tough it was but he did very well.  Here he is crossing the finish line...
Not even touching the ground there. 
He made me promise that next year I will run with him so I guess I have some training to do...

The weather was lovely- not as hot as it could have been or usually is in May. 

Then we spent the rest of the day at the zoo, strolling through to look at the animals- it has always been one of our favorite things to do. 

There are 3 generations of elephants and rumor has it that Grandma may be expecting again...
Here is Daizy and her mommy, Rosie...
Isn't she a cutie!!??

Elephants have always been one of my favorites.
Here is the baby giraffe.

Gorgeous view of the peacock.

And the kookaburra (spelling???)

It was a great day.  Now, back to school tomorrow.  3 more weeks until summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive