Monday, July 16, 2012

A finish...

Here is a baby quilt that is finished and ready to be mailed tomorrow.  I can't really take any credit for this one.  These blocks were a sweet surprise from a scrap bag I purchased at a local quilt shop.  I just put them together with the green and added the borders.

The blocks use the cutest zoo fabric!  Here is the hippo and her baby.


The lion, polar bears and penguins...











I really like the "I love you" in the center square below, along with the smiling children. 


This also gives you a good view of the very simple quilting.  I used a pantograph that I found free online-I will try to remember the site for you and let you know-it is called "popcorn".





This backing was left over from a backing for a quilt for my daughter-a quilt that I almost have bound and am NOT liking it!  I tried to do the silky binding and sew it down by machine but it is not looking good.  I think I will be cutting it off tomorrow and doing a traditional cotton binding that will be sewn down by hand.  The quilt is just too special to me to live with an ugly binding.  I will show it to you when I have it done.

For now, this cute little zoo quilt will have to be my only finish to show today.  It will be on it's way to Clovis, New Mexico very soon!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet. It turned out just adorable. Glad you got it done.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive