Saturday, July 21, 2012

hand sewn binding

So, this evening my husband wanted to watch "Sanctum"  which, as a clausterphobic, I did not really want to watch since it is all about caves...But I told him to throw it on and I would bind my quilt-the one I had almost completely bound by machine and then decided to tear it all out and do it by hand-yeah that one.  Anyway, by the end of the movie I only had one side and 2 corners bound (of a lap size quilt).  I forgot how long this hand sewn binding stuff takes, plus I probably did steal a look or two at the movie.  The binding looks great so far though, I am going to have to go back to using this method more often.  It looks so much better than by machine. Not sure how long it will be before I have this finished to show you, a few evenings apparently...

Today was my son's 12th birthday.  The party is tomorrow but we took him to lunch today and let him open presents from family.  I can't believe that my BABY is 12.  I am feeling rather old. 

Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

  1. I love sewing the binding to the back, by hand. I usually do it while watching TV in the evenings, it only takes a couple nights to get it done. I think it looks better than machined binding.
    ** Caroline **

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive