Tuesday, September 18, 2012

hmmm...did I do that?

Ok, I don't know if you all know it but I DO NOT SEW CLOTHES!  I am strictly a quilt person, with a little adventure into doll clothes and costumes but I usually leave the clothes to my mom.  However, I was pretty happy with myself for my little alteration job done on the fly last night
When we purchased this dress yesterday evening, yes, I said yesterday- it was a floor length gown with no sleeves.  Well, today was "green" carpet day at school-like red carpet- part of the Homecoming week celebrations and Lilly decided she really needed a cool dress.  She is hard to fit, hates to try on clothes and only gave me a couple days' notice so, we hit Savers and this was the only dress she was willing to wear.  $12 but did not meet the dress code requirements of having sleeves.  She already planned on having me cut it off to make it short so I got the bright idea that I could use what I cut off to make a little floaty sleeve. 

It took all of 30 minutes to do.  Her friends were so impressed when she told them how I altered it for her.  They said I was a "pro", which I guess I am since I am only working on sewing lately-even if it is quilts- and hoping to make a little income from my passion. 

However, I DO NOT WANT TO MAKE CLOTHES!!!

So, back to quilts, the stuff I know best, here is the preview for my doll quilt swap partner.  I just have to add a sleeve and throw it in the mail.  Can show you the full quilt when she gets it...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive